Kallikulam is a parish in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Tuticorin. It comprises of five villages Kallikulam, Soundrapandiapuram, Rayappapuram, Vandalampadu, and Arulanandapuram. As the largest of the five villages which comprise the parish, Kallikulam gave its name to this extensive Roman Catholic parish. As early as 1700 AD, people inhabited Kallikulam and formed small Christian community with the help of Jesuits. On 1771 a small thatched church was built. As catholic population increased, this church was enlarged by Fathers Martin and Mossette on 1838. The present day church was built on 1885. On 1910, St. Michael's church was built. On 1920, St. Antony's church was built. Earlier Kallikulam had been a substation of Anaikarai parish. On 1885, it became an independent parish. According to historical records of 1914, Kallikulam had 16 substations. The first priest of this parish was Rev.Father Victor Delbak. On 1926, Kizhavaneri one of the substations of Kallikulam became an independent parish with 7 substations (Pandarakulam, Achampadu, Anaikulam, Pudur, Pudukudiyiruppu, Arupuli, and Madapuram). On 26th June 1973, Duraikudiyiruppu another substation of Kallikulam became an independent parish with 5 substations. On 1900 a church was constructed in Soundrapandiyapuram. The Patron Saint is St. Aloysius. On 1948 a church was constructed in Rayapparpuram. The Patron Saint is St. Peter. On 1932 a church was constructed in Arulanandapuram and the Patron Saint is St. Joseph. On 1976 a church was constructed in Vandalampadu and the Patron Saint is St. Joseph. The current resident priest is Rev.Father. Antonydas and his assistant is Rev.Father. T.Amalan. These priests conduct religious service in all villages in the parish. Apart that they manage the schools and other educational institutions run by Jesuit. So far 29 priests served in this parish. They are... Rev.Fr. Victor Delbak - 1885-1887 Rev.Fr. Adaikalam - 1887-1889 Rev.Fr. Martin Pamal - 1889-1891 Rev.Fr. Peter Prune - 1891-1898 Rev.Fr. Martin Pamal - 1898-1910 Rev.Fr. Michael - 1910-1911 Rev.Fr. Emelemas - 1912-1913 Rev.Fr. Maria Arputhanathar - 1914 Rev.Fr. Causannel - 1915-1922 Rev.Fr. Arulsamy - 1922-1923 Rev.Fr. Causannel - 1924-1928 Rev.Fr. Swaminathar - 1928-1930 Rev.Fr. Marianus - 1931-1940 Rev.Fr. Maria Manickam - 1940-1944 Rev.Fr. Payapalli - 1944-1959 Rev.Fr. Stanislaus - 1959-1962 Rev.Fr. Cruz Marian - 1962-1970 Rev.Fr. Liguori Pancras - 1971 Rev.Fr. Payapalli - 1971-1972 Rev.Fr. Cruz Antony - 1972-1977 Rev.Fr. Stanislaus - 1977-1984 Rev.Fr. Mariadas - 1984-1989 Rev.Fr. Devarajan - 1989-1994 Rev.Fr. Barnabas - 1994-1998 Rev.Fr. Joseph Christian - 1998-2000 Rev.Fr. Xavier Arulraj - 2000-2001 Rev.Fr. Segaran - 2001-2006 Rev.Fr. Irudayaraja - 2006 -2009 Rev.Fr. Antonydas - 2009 - The Jesuits are the cornerstones of this Parish. They preserved the Catholic faith in this parish for centuries. Since 1700 AD, Jesuits are doing noble service to this parish and the people.